cutting grass on an original

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
cjrolke
First and Last Name: Chris Rolke

cutting grass on an original

Post by cjrolke »

finally getting my other original ready to go for cutting grass

had to look at a bunch of stuff on the deck and the tractor

finally got to try it out tonight

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Re: cutting grass on an original

Post by jpackard56 »

Nice. Think about it, 50 plus years, your repairs and it still works well :!: I'm pretty sure the modern ones won't ever make it that far.

I love what you have done with the Cub but, if I could say, Please be careful mowing around the kids. I know I'm an old fart, and also a safety officer by day, and you would be amazed at how many landscapers and bystanders (even folks in a car going by) get hurt from stuff being thrown out a chute.

Love those old Cubs, I'm going to see about getting my very own "O" this weekend. I'm just hoping I've set aside enough in the cookie jar to get one that I can fool with to get running and then restore later.
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

With an Original you have to be extra careful as Jim pointed out as those decks still keep turning with the foot pedal disengaged. Nice job

cjrolke
First and Last Name: Chris Rolke

Post by cjrolke »

yea i noticed that however it is a lot better when you have a guard on the left side pulley it will slow down the belt and it will stop the blades