149 hydro control leaver

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

149 hydro control leaver

Post by OhioBinder »

The hydro control leaver on my 149 has lost all of it's friction control. It moves on it's own to the extreme , usually very quickly, somtimes with interesting results. You have to keep your hand on it it to hold it and that doesn't work so good. It tries to jump all of a sudden and you react by pulling back too much and over compensate, makes it kinda jerky at times.
It is so loose it almost just flops.
Where should I start to fix it. I looked in the FAQ and tried to do a search of the forum with no luck.

Thanks
David
David Gregg
NW oIHo

Mcamp
First and Last Name: Mark Campbell

Re: 149 hydro control leaver

Post by Mcamp »

Take your tunnel cover off,you will see the linkage coming down from your lever.Some of that series has a pinch bolt at the bottom of the stem,there is a nylon bushing at that point,if you cannot tighten your pinch bolt and get friction back on your lever you will need the bushing.The other style just has a nut to tighten for more friction.

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Re: 149 hydro control leaver

Post by OhioBinder »

Followed your advice. Mine has a pinch bolt. Tightened it up. Really need to do a neutral/brake totally everything adjustmnet on this tractor. Think I'll get a new bushing before. Seems to have gotten real loose real fast. Worked just fine plowing snow and has not had a lot of use since, mostly chores pulling lawn wagon (yes it has 4 wheels).
Thanks again.
David
David Gregg
NW oIHo