Winter Project

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Ky Greg
First and Last Name: Greg Laramore

Winter Project

Post by Ky Greg »

Been putting it off for too long. PB128 suffered a clutch component failure, so here we go. Hopefully I can get it all fixed up before the grass needs mowing next spring. Started the major dis-assembly today...been several years since I tore into a CC, but I guess it's like riding a bike. I've been researching some parts I need, and sticker shock is a gross understatement! :shock:
Attachments
cc128a.jpg
cc128a.jpg (50.13 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!

LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Re: Winter Project

Post by LFR »

Good luck. I got mine done and I re did it all. Bored motor .030 rebuilt hydro linkage. Special carb and tweaked governor. Mines pushing at least 2 more horses cold then it did when it was hot when I got the thing. I also had the head shaved too. :beer:
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.

cubcadet1450
First and Last Name: Marty Mays

Post by cubcadet1450 »

You could be redoing a John Deere...Those are some ridiculous prices! A dash panel sticker I mind you, for my 110, $164.00

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Greg, Jeff makes solid mounts and stock clutch parts are easy to find.....I may have the pieces if you have trouble.

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

Mike, I found a throwout lever hanger today that I forgot I had, that made me happy. Since I'm into it this far, I'm replacing everything on the drive shaft except the pressure plates and main spring. I've been out of the loop for too long and there's a lot of new folks I don't know and I've lost touch with my parts folks I used to deal with...I may need your assistance. Do you guys chat anywhere like we used to back in the day? Those were good times.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Greg, I don't know if chat is used anymore, I know I don't. Send me an PM or e-mail if you need something.
You are right, the old gray goose aint what she used to be :lol:

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

Thanks buddy. :beer:

Merk
First and Last Name: Dale Merkle

Post by Merk »

Greg,

Send me an email If Big Mike can't help you.

Chat seams to get started after I go to bed for the night.

I'm up for a good bull session in chat in it starts around 9 to 9:30.

Ky Greg

Post by Ky Greg »

Is there a old farts chat at an earlier time? I'm ready for bed about that time myself... :roll: I did a little more 128 piddling today.
Attachments
cub 128.jpg
cub 128.jpg (98.62 KiB) Viewed 4140 times