A bit of whimsy

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

A bit of whimsy

Post by Jlaws »

Anybody who knows me , knows I'm about half a bubble off plumb .

Well anyway today while I was gathering parts for a Cub Original that I hope to start restoring , I again thought of an ideal that I think would be cool , especially if you own a cub cadet dealership or maybe a lawnmower repair shop .

Below are two pictures , let see if anybody can come up with the same silly ideal I've been kicking around .

Attachments
emergency lighting.jpg
emergency lighting.jpg (4.85 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
Original front 002.JPG
Original front 002.JPG (844.94 KiB) Viewed 2700 times
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: A bit of whimsy

Post by dag1450 »

Is this a game...I love games. Ill take american tractors for 200 Alex... What is use an exit sign for a grill. :lol:
Last edited by dag1450 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

I think it was Randy Taylor that made an Original grill with headlights and put it in his living room (he's fro WV so you don't know what might be in his living room).

Mayor
First and Last Name: Tony Woodrum

Post by Mayor »

Hey now!...we resemble that!!!.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Yeah , I seem to remember someone using a nicely painted Original front with headlights as wall art . :D

I was thinking it would be cool to have a nicely restored Original front with light used as emergency lighting if the power went out .
I'd hang the Original grill with headlights light directly over top the red EXIT sign and run wires up to the cub headlight to come on when the power went off . I'm not sure if the backup battery that's in those emergency lights are 6 or 12 volt , but you can use whatever voltage headlight bulb required .

The great thing about the Original headights is that they can be aimed in any direction . To the Left , right , up , or down ... :)

The only down side to my ideal is that you better have a good mounting bracket holding it to the wall as those Original grills aren't exactly light weight . :lol:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Might look good in a "Man cave" or "Cub Den"....what ever people r calling them these days :beer: Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.