Fuel Stabilizers

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Fuel Stabilizers

Post by ReicheP »

Over the years we have discussed using fuel stabilizers. Someone always mentions that the Kohler owners/service manual say not to use.

The following info slid through Facebook today from Kohler.
kohler.jpg
kohler.jpg (59.92 KiB) Viewed 1800 times
So I guess it's okay to use a fuel stabilizer as long as I buy Kohlers!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Re: Fuel Stabilizers

Post by VScott »

I talked to a Kohler rep in 2008, and he told me that at that time they recommended drainig the fuel system, and runing the carb out of fuel or if there was a drain on the bowl, opening it to remove all fuel. He indicated that 85% of their complaints ended up being fuel related issues. I wonder what caused the change of heart, other than an opportunity to sell more product. I also wonder if the blue tube is Startron in a Kohler tube. I have had good results with Startron.

Ky Greg
First and Last Name: Greg Laramore

Re: Fuel Stabilizers

Post by Ky Greg »

For almost 10 years I have used a mixture of additives that I call Merk-o-hol and I have yet to have a fuel related issue. At the end of the mowing season I fill the tank, hook the battery to a trickle charger and store it in the garage. If it crosses my mind I'll start it maybe once a month...maybe.
Adapt, Improvise and Overcome!