A little project I've been thinking about

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

A little project I've been thinking about

Post by Jlaws »

Yea or Nay ?

Video's below explain what I'm thinking about doing .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIicsmbzzso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh9bChxlh3c
Attachments
yellow lenses 001.JPG
yellow lenses 001.JPG (793.55 KiB) Viewed 1974 times
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Re: A little project I've been thinking about

Post by l palma »

Jess,
I suggest using a broken or damaged one first to see how it comes out.Then see if the light is red when lit from behind,prolly be too dark of a red.

tc429
First and Last Name: Tim C

Re: A little project I've been thinking about

Post by tc429 »

neat idea, but i also wonder about the color looking orange when lit.

on that paint though, its made for polycarbonate (lexan- taillight material) and really works great- I was into RC helis back in the 90's and the clear vacuum formed canopies loved that stuff.

I have been wanting to cnc mill the backup lenses out of my 06 mustang tails, was going to cnc cut a replacement 'filler' piece from the red reflective part of a donor lens- might try this first, as making a fixture to hold the lenses will take a bit of time...this way almost no work involved and might give a similar look- heck I could just mask the clear and keep dusting coats till the shade matches...hmm...

suggestion- wax the lens, put clear packing tape over it and see how it looks- if no good, just peel it off... would be like a lens repair tape you can shade by number of coats, just to test out.