1966 Pictures of Ted

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
wdeturck

1966 Pictures of Ted

Post by wdeturck »

1966 Picture  001.jpg
1966 Picture 001.jpg (394.82 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
1966 Picture  002.jpg
1966 Picture 002.jpg (361.02 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
I was given these two pictures by Gary Rogers whose grandfather had a truck farm in East Oakmont and that is his cousin and his son who was home on leave from the army and ended up being killed in Vietnam. The other person is another cousin that ended up building a house a house on the truck farm where Ted may have done his first plowing. That Original came with headlights (the holes were drilled when I got the tractor) and had a mower deck that was worn out when I got the tractor.
Ted 2000.jpg
Ted 2000.jpg (58.96 KiB) Viewed 3414 times

tc429
First and Last Name: Tim C

Re: 1966 Pictures of Ted

Post by tc429 »

stuff still around after all these years WITH history/photos is pretty neat to see :)

jdonovan
First and Last Name: Joe Donovan

Post by jdonovan »

I agree, great post...Joe

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Very neat indeed :beer: I have traced some of my old vehicles back to the original owner.
But the only Cub I can do that with is the 147 my second son is using because we got it from the first owners family with all the paperwork including the slip where he traded in his first Cub which was an "O" He kept every receipt, repair slip and manuals for both tractors and accessories. My other Cubs all appear to have been well used by many owners before they came to my farm. ;)

Love the history, thanks for posting. :)
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

The first year I had Ted I ended up buying two running tractors and a parts tractor($75) not running. The first running tractor had fenders($145) and kept the fenders and sold it to Scott Cross and it became IT.
IT with Low boy wheels
IT with Low boy wheels
it steroids lowboy 2.JPG (78.69 KiB) Viewed 3299 times
The second running tractor I bought locally and was a clean untouched Original with a mowing deck and other implements listed on price list.
This file is a large file and you must open it to read it.
Original Price List.pdf
I kept ths price list, manuals and implements
(977.54 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
I took this tractor to Red Power round up and sold it and Paul Bell acquired it and it ended up in a private collection in KY.

duke
First and Last Name: john carolan

Post by duke »

wdeturck wrote: I was given these two pictures by Gary Rogers whose grandfather had a truck farm in East Oakmont and that is his cousin and his son who was home on leave from the army and ended up being killed in Vietnam.
Of all the garden tractors threads i have read over the years.This one has moved me more than any other.That is some great history.Thank You for sharing :beer:

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Yes...very neat story. Thanks for sharing!
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.