gas cap/gas gage

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tc429
First and Last Name: Tim C

gas cap/gas gage

Post by tc429 »

anyone know if one of the caps with the gage in it will fit a old 72? I see them listed for a lot of various tractors, but noone mentions the thread size...
looking at one of these style- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Gas-Cap-Ga ... 61dc6435e4 just wondered if threads are all the same or no...

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Re: gas cap/gas gage

Post by dale campbell »

won't fit...if you scroll to the bottom of the page it says 2"id. x 10 5/8 long so it would fit the 82 series

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: gas cap/gas gage

Post by ksanders »

They do make caps with smaller thread size and length. You can probably find one that works on ebay.
Last two x82 series ones I bought like that didn't even have the same "decal" design where the Guage was even though that's how it was pictured. Don't know if that was ever changed back to OEM look. If so I'd still like one for my 682.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!