hydro lever on a 1x9

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
cubcadet1450
First and Last Name: Marty Mays

hydro lever on a 1x9

Post by cubcadet1450 »

A friend bought a 129 from me, and when your mowing or going foward, you can feel it speed up. The forward and reverse handle doesn't have much stiffness to it. My 109 is pretty firm. Is this usually caused by the trunion wearing out?

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: hydro lever on a 1x9

Post by ksanders »

There's a place you can tighten it up on the linkage under the dash I think. Been so long since I messed with a wide frame though I don't remember exactly where. That doesn't sound like a trunion.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Doog M
First and Last Name: Doog Martin

Post by Doog M »

Here is a picture that explains what you could have going on. I have seen some people add a thin washer to the end of the trunion spring. To stiffen the spring up some.
Attachments
9034.JPG
9034.JPG (20.17 KiB) Viewed 3084 times

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

I have the same/similar problem on my 125... I already did the trunion repair, and fixed a significant hydro oil leak. I still have the same symptom. (I have to drive with one hand on speed control lever to be ready to slow things down when the machine unexpectedly starts to accelerate to full speed.) I still have a tiny hydro oil leak from somewhere else, but not enough I thought to cause these symptoms...
PTWannaHave

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

On the bottom of the shift lever down low there is a adjustment. Pull the tunnel cover and have a look. The early 129's had a plastic bushing that needs to be replaced, later 129's had a friction washer that can simply be adjusted.

cubcadet1450
First and Last Name: Marty Mays

Post by cubcadet1450 »

Great! I will have a look. Thanks for the info guys!