1000th post!

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

1000th post!

Post by Farmallgray »

Guys,
I just realized this will be my 1000th post on here. Anybody got a pic of a 1000 to celebrate? :D

I haven't posting much lately but I try to check in at least once a week.

I'm on a lot of Facebook groups but I get annoyed at them sometimes. Two things that really annoy me are people calling an IH three point hitch
a "sleeve hitch", and calling the 82 series "spread frames" which really isn't accurate at all.

I try to refer a lot of folks to here and its nice to see there are quite a few new accounts set up here every week.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Re: 1000th post!

Post by stevet »

Todd, no picture of a 1000, but congrats on your milestone post!

Like you, I haven't been on here as much recently, but I'm trying to make a concentrated effort to do so. The fb groups get very annoying to me. Along with the "spread" frame and 3 pt issues which I wholeheartedly agree with, don't forget "what's it worth?" And the younger generation that you can't teach anything. I get really bothered by some of the kids that alresdy know everything and spread bad information. It gets tiresome trying to set them straight!

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Todd , congratulations on the 1000 posts , I just realized my next post will be number 982 so I'll have to dig out a good picture of my 982 for it . :)

I belong to two facebook IH cub groups and I try to ignore their mistakes , mostly because they are young and just getting into the hobby and haven't been wrenching on them as long as you and I have .
Also I remember how ignorant I was when I first started collecting them years ago . I was still learning about them when I first joined the old IH Registry when it was just getting started . I'm still learning . ;)
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

YosemiteSam
First and Last Name: Mark Hellrung

Post by YosemiteSam »

LMAO! I hafta say, calling a 3 point, a sleeve hitch, makes me crazy as well.

I'll bet those people don't call their favorite coffee by the wrong name when ordering at the local coffee house.

Congratulations on your 1000th. post.
If you get a chance, check out my Facebook store for Cub Cadet Parts: https://www.facebook.com/CubCadetandKoh ... 6141763776

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Todd - Good to see you around more. Congrats on breaking into the "four digit" post territory!

I stopped by a couple FB pages and they didn't even make sense. Just a hodgepodge of pics and comments, no way to have any type of meaningful discussion. Looked like more a "hey, look at me" kind of place.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Yeah I noticed the 999 count when we were talking tail lights the other day
Congrats and here's to ten thousand more ! :beer:

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

How much is a Kub Kadit 123 worth? Does it come with a Briggs injun?

Yeah... I'm seriously thinking about deleting the face book cub groups as well.
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.