I was asked and didnt have the heat

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

I was asked and didnt have the heat

Post by vince_o »

Well guys as some of you know I lost a good friend last year, and a cub buddy. His family asked me to sell off his colection and Ive been do as asked. Yesterday I went threw some of his parts in boxes and I see alot of names from here on the return lables. Made me think of all the good time he and I had chasing tractors togeather.

Im down to just a few tractors left and yesterday I loaded up a cco and I took out a 100 that a guy called about wanting some fenders. Told him I had everything he was looking for on a 100 at his place, Id have to grab it and bring it home to part. Well Vince and I rolled it into the shop this morning to part out. While I was sitting there just looking it over, Vince said he really liked his 100. Then he said dad its not cut, bent or warped. Ill admit Im more into the 82's now, and working them.

Shorty after he left the shop, Kathy comes in talking with me. After about 5 min she said, wow this is a nice tractor. Said yea, sold the fenders, lights, 3pt off it. What you gonna do with the rest? Sell the tractor, I dont need another one that for sure. Then I told her, dont have the heart to cut it up. Not cause it was my friends, just cause its a nice straight tractor. Then she days whydont you buy it, I about fell off the stool I was sitting on.

Well here it stays!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.22 MiB) Viewed 6012 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 6012 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 6012 times
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Merk
First and Last Name: Dale Merkle

Re: I was asked and didnt have the heat

Post by Merk »

I would have kept the 100 together and purchase it off the good friend. The memories you had together makes it special.

I wish I live closer to you.....I would have taken the whole tractor off you.

I'm not a fan of 82 series Cub Cadets......they are harder to work on.

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

I'm gonna guess my name was on a box from 2012 containing original fenders and an original 3 point. We had planned to meet in person when he was on a business trip that never happened.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Actually Vince I sold all his cco's to a guy thats keeping them whole. Like Dale said I really didnt want to see them cut up, the whole tractors. Seeing that he was missing one foot and shortly before he passed he lost his other, everything had been modified, but not a hack job.

One cco is crazy. It says cadet on it, it dosnt have the common ih decals on it. No creeper hole, no steering hole adjustment, spoked starter pullie, crazy starter gen bracket, thin front axle and sir number is all stamped woerd
-Andrew Jackson

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Vince glad to see you kept it together! Nice little 100 you've got there....you won't regret that decision at all!

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

vince_o wrote:Actually Vince I sold all his cco's to a guy thats keeping them whole. Like Dale said I really didnt want to see them cut up, the whole tractors. Seeing that he was missing one foot and shortly before he passed he lost his other, everything had been modified, but not a hack job.

One cco is crazy. It says cadet on it, it dosnt have the common ih decals on it. No creeper hole, no steering hole adjustment, spoked starter pullie, crazy starter gen bracket, thin front axle and sir number is all stamped woerd

Pretty sure that would be what he wanted, and what he would have done for you.

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Vince,
That is a nice 100 to remember your friend every time you use it.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Yea Lew I belive your right
-Andrew Jackson

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Well Im glad I didnt cut this up, really forgot how much fun the 100s are! I had some free time sat night so I swaped out the steering column with one I had rebuilt a while back. New points,plug, condenser, tie rod adj, better tank, carb rebuild, and a newer steering wheel. Man this runs nice! Its needs some fine tuning, but I was cruzing it around the yard sunday!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 5870 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5870 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 5870 times
-Andrew Jackson

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

It takes a special kind of deviate to cut up a 100 :mrgreen: .
Some are worth saving......some are not, glad that one was.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Yes mike its getting some new front tires and getting moved to my buddies house for the winter hauling my deer out of the woods and fire wood off the hills to my truck
-Andrew Jackson

JLazar
First and Last Name: John Lazar

Post by JLazar »

You done well with the situation Vince! Gosh, these narrow frame IH Cub Cadets are fantastic! Big heavy duty trans axel has to allow it to compete with an 82 series. I feel about the same as Merk, however!

I think I have a few exhaust elbows kicking around if you need one! That's so nice of your wife, btw!
Expect The Best; IH Cub Cadet!

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

John

I got a couple too. Im going to put an after market, rotary, kohler muffler on it, at some point. One thing Im missing that im getting this morning is the dang throttle stop. I know I had a bunch of them around here, but I dont know where they are. Going this morning to get one from a guy next town over.
-Andrew Jackson