147 ?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
xfarma
First and Last Name: Chuck Moore

147 ?

Post by xfarma »

Hey guys, did they make 2 different 147 models? I have an owners manual that shows pictures of a different 147 than the one I have. Mine has a cast nose with elec. lift and the other one looks like a tin and plastic grill with hyd. lift. Maybe early and later models?

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: 147 ?

Post by ksanders »

It seems like I have heard a long time ago about IH having early wide frame literature using a newer model number on an older model to get the literature out quicker. Don't hold me to that but I remember a topic with pictures on the old site about something like this.

There was only one style 147. They didn't completely change the dash and hood on the same model. Do you have pictures?
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

xfarma

Post by xfarma »

I don't have a pic of the new style but there is one in Ken Updikes book Farmall Cub & Cub Cadet on page 84.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

His red book has a 149 with 147 decals. The yellow book has a 147 with 147 decals.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

I have a manual somewhere for one of the 129s that I bought and sold that had incorrect information on the cover. Seems like the model numbers are all wide frame, but the drawing on it is of a narrow frame. I think it is just what Kevin was saying. The manuals weren't updated to the new pictures at first.

xfarma

Post by xfarma »

Ok, that's where the confusion came in. Thanks guys for clearing that up.