Predator Engines

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
BrianSchmidt
First and Last Name: Brian Schmidt

Predator Engines

Post by BrianSchmidt »

Anyone have any experience with Predator engines. Seems to be a Honda clone. But much cheaper.

http://www.harborfreight.com/22-hp-670c ... 61614.html

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Predator Engines

Post by dag1450 »

Wow....that is cheap! Looks pretty nice. What r your potential plans for this engine? Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

BrianSchmidt
First and Last Name: Brian Schmidt

Post by BrianSchmidt »

I just purchased a non running 1282 with a snow blower. I have seen posts in other places these can be had cheaper yet with coupons.

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

I've used several on snow blowers and tillers with no issues. They are definitely clones of the older Honda engines and its hard to beat the price. Just put one on a MTD rear tine tiller for a customer, it had a 5 horse briggs on it missing the shroud and recoil and needing a crb rebuild, the parts were around $100. I got a 6.5 hp predator with a coupon for $99.00 and it bolted right in the same holes. Kind of a tough deal to beat
105 147 1650 382 782D

klinej
First and Last Name: Jim Kline

Post by klinej »

Hi Brian I just bought the 22 hp one about a week ago to use on my mini bulldozer project this winter.All I can say is it started right up was pretty quiet and ran very smoothly so I'm happy with it so far.The only thing that concerns me is getting the oil filter,air filter but they look pretty standard. Harbor freight doesn't stock engine parts.The standard Harbor freight 20% off coupon is no good for predator engines as I found out at the checkout line they showed me in very very tiny print disappointing but were are you going to get a 22hp engine for $700. Hope this helps.
Jim Kline

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

I bought a Miller engine drive welder with a Honda that had the rod poking out the top of the block. I searched and searched for a Honda block that was affordable, no dice. I found a block on the auction site and bought one. I cannot say with certainty it is a Predator but it HAS to be Chinese. Fit and finish was very good, all parts fit it as they should and it runs and welds just fine.

My Trac Vacs K91 was getting wheezy so I looked into rebuild......once my heart started again I bought a Predator from HF and it worked perfect. I used it last fall without issue and have not started to pick up leaves but expect the same.

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

Add another predator to my list. The five horse Briggs on my trac-vac finally died doing leaves. I put on a 6 horse predator. Everything bolted right up for the vac perfectly but had to modify the exhaust on the new engine. It works great and will load twice as many leaves between fill ups
105 147 1650 382 782D