Got it Vince!! (new to me piece of equipment)

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Got it Vince!! (new to me piece of equipment)

Post by wham »

Here you go Vince, now I gotta decide what to put it on!
Haban.jpg
Haban.jpg (139.8 KiB) Viewed 4238 times
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: Got it Vince!! (new to me piece of equipment)

Post by Tom Scott »

Very cool Tim! Sickle bar mowers are just so cool, just neat how you can ride next to a ditch or hill and reach over and cut it. Nice find!
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Great find Tim. Looks like a complete 402E other than the rear tube and mount and the front axle straps. With a bit of fab work you can hang that under the newer tractors easily. You don't need to modify the Haban either. Just a mower mule drive to make a front mount out of.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Post by wham »

SWilliams wrote:Great find Tim. Looks like a complete 402E other than the rear tube and mount and the front axle straps. With a bit of fab work you can hang that under the newer tractors easily. You don't need to modify the Haban either. Just a mower mule drive to make a front mount out of.
Actually got everything to hook it up, tube, straps everything but the belt! I have a pretty nice looking 1450 I am thinking about mounting it on. Looking forward to grass growing again.
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

tc429
First and Last Name: Tim C

Post by tc429 »

know this is a old post, but... how well does that work, and any idea if they could be fitted to a old 72? the model airplane field we fly at has a river on one side of the driveway, they weedwhack it a couple times a year, but unstable/washed out/etc, not a very safe job...just seems a old sickle bar mower would be the perfect tool for the job... wasnt sure if our little old cub could run one similar to this or not...

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

I have one on a 124, the 72 should have plenty of power. Low speed it helpful, mine has a creeper. Keep it sharp, lubed and it should work great!

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Post by Paulf »

Here's a video of mine on my Model 70. I don't run the engine at full rpms and it has plenty of power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIISI18ocTc