cub cadet original

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Bob Brush
First and Last Name: Bob Brush

cub cadet original

Post by Bob Brush »

OK guys just after our site crashed i bought an original from my local dealer it is serial # 3075
runs good deck cuts looks ok but i have some questions . did the early originals have the steering adjustment slot cut into the dash tower ? mine has a big hole cut in it and i need to know if i should patch it solid or fabricate the slot
Next my battery box is not a box its a plate no sides is this correct ? Also im not sure if my choke and throttle cables are run correctly so if we can get this topic going and get some pics that would be great !!!!
DSCF1098.JPG
Attachments
DSCF1099.JPG
DSCF1097.JPG
DSCF1096.JPG

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: cub cadet original

Post by ksanders »

Bob, That's hacked up pretty good for the steering. Poor tractor. To answer the question, it's NOT supposed to have a slot on that early of a tractor. Also, the battery box should not just be a flat plate, but should have sides on the left and right (not on the front). Might be easier to just get another dash tower.
I have an early tower here, but someone went and dented it up some on me or I could help you out.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

I found that slot to be useless as I could never get the Nut loose with a screwdriver and if you do you will have trouble getting it tightened correctly(hold screw driver and tighten nut). I just take the four bolts out and slide it up to adjust it. Fill it in.

Bob Brush
First and Last Name: Bob Brush

Post by Bob Brush »

Thanks guys !! will have to find some more pics and see about the battery box dimensions and patch this one up money will be an issue on this one as my benefits were cut but would sure like to have it looking good by its 50th birthday !!!