Tire Question

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Tire Question

Post by wham »

I've been wondering about this and it may have already been answered but I can't find it on here. Were Ag's an option for the tires on early Cub Cadets like the 100? I'm picking up one Saturday that's a really solid looking old 100 and the guy bought it from the original owner and says they told him the ags came on it.
Attachments
cub cadet 100.jpg
cub cadet 100.jpg (775.14 KiB) Viewed 2575 times
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: Tire Question

Post by ksanders »

Yes you could get them new. My grandparent's 102 had them since new.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

When I purchased my 1965 100 in 1985 it had the narrow wheels exactly as you show fitted with tires just like that as well. They were made by Armstrong and were very dried out. I could only assume that it came that way. They were sold off at a swap meet and the guy seemed very eager to get his hands on them.
Just curious, what brand are those tires ?

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

something else to think about... a good dealer could change tires/rims, they would do that if the customer wanted them!
I had to tube 4 tires as part of a sale back when I worked at the wheel horse dealer, another customer wanted his IH weights black so they would look right on his wheel horse, no he wouldn't sell them to me :(

wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Post by wham »

Klapatta wrote:When I purchased my 1965 100 in 1985 it had the narrow wheels exactly as you show fitted with tires just like that as well. They were made by Armstrong and were very dried out. I could only assume that it came that way. They were sold off at a swap meet and the guy seemed very eager to get his hands on them.
Just curious, what brand are those tires ?
Tires are Goodyear, all four are in very good shape for 50+ year old tires.
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )