hate to ask- whats it worth...buddies got one he wants gone

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tc429
First and Last Name: Tim C

hate to ask- whats it worth...buddies got one he wants gone

Post by tc429 »

a friend msg'd me hes got a 122 he wants to get rid of- wire harness burnt up, ran fine till then, he got a new zero turn... anyways he sent pics as he knew had a old cub, but most of his parts wont work on our 72- and seeing pics, its a NICE looking machine. sat inside always- sitting 2 yrs. hes meticulous about his cars and things, sure it would make someone a real nice project- if anyones interested, I could stop by next week for pics/close up look at it- in northeast ohio, dont think hes got other attachments, but didnt ask... I'd like te headlights and deck off of it, butjust at a glance, its way too nice to part out...ImageIMAG0141 by tc429, on Flickr

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: hate to ask- whats it worth...buddies got one he wants g

Post by dag1450 »

Most stuff of that era in none running condition go for $200 or less. Yes it might just need a harness.....but it could need more. As a buyer u NEVER know till u see it running and moving.
In running condition....i think about $500 ....maybe!
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

tc429
First and Last Name: Tim C

Re: hate to ask- whats it worth...buddies got one he wants g

Post by tc429 »

thanks, I really didnt know what they go for...think i gave 400 for my old buddies 72, it ran, but was leaking oil bad, but i just 'had' to get it for sentimental reasons... if this was a 72, i probably would pick it up- love our little 72, even though had to fix the motor, put a battery and few hundred in wheels/tires, its a great little tractor... I might check this one out, been a busy week, really dont need or have room for another project... would rather find someone needing one. theres a old OLD forklift at work they are gonna scrap, i'll probably ask the boss, drag that darn thing home too...its old, but runs great, just hate to see old stuff discarded... I'd rather get one and fix up/give away before seeing it go to the shredder...its a sickness :)

thanks again, Tim