Stretched Cub Cadet

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Stretched Cub Cadet

Post by Paulf »

Several years ago I built my wife a stretched Cub Cadet to use for gardening and yard work. She didn’t particularly care for the hydrostatic drive. And, because our place is pretty hilly, she really didn’t like parking it. She’d been after me to redo it as a gear drive for several years, and I finally got around to it about a month ago. You can see the finished project here: https://www.youtube.com/user/cubCadetManVideos It’s the first video on the page. You probably can’t tell in the video, but the gear shift lever had to be moved forward 31 inches. I wasn’t sure it was going to work until it was completely finished and I got to try it out. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works.

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Re: Stretched Cub Cadet

Post by OhioBinder »

Neat. Does the bed dump?
David Gregg
NW oIHo

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Post by Paulf »

David, yes the bed dumps, but it's manual. My wife and grandson have been using it to haul manure from the barn to the garden and have had no trouble emptying the bed. Obviously the video was shot before they started hauling manure!!!!!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

That stretch cub with the bed on the back is great! I would use that all the time. It's like a wheel barrow that u ride on. Perfect for my failing hips. Good job on the gear shift and thanks for sharing!
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.