Sometimes you luck out

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Sometimes you luck out

Post by OhioBinder »

Spent Jan 2 servicing my cub and getting 2 CC's ready for snow duty at my Dad's house. A 782 with blower and a 128 with a blade. I know it's January but first chance I've had and we haven't needed it yet.
I bought the 128 last summer as I was looking for a gear drive to plow with. Found this one on Craig's list about 30 miles from home. Nice unit with creeper, headlights , rear lift and spring assist.
I put the blade on it and went around to tighten up the spring assist got the can of blaster ready and was looking as to where to spray it and I noticed this gray stuff on the threads of the spring assist. Somebody in the past must had taken it apart and never seized the adjustment bolt. What I expected to be a battle turned out to be a piece of cake. I guess that goes to show that not all the work the PO'S do is bad.
IMG_7107 (Small).JPG
IMG_7107 (Small).JPG (146.86 KiB) Viewed 1747 times
David Gregg
NW oIHo