Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
planejeff
First and Last Name: Jeff McDonald

Post by planejeff »

Just a few questions now!
I now know the starter generator is working! After watching a youtube video on how to op ck it.
The coil is missing so I assume it is a 12 volt coil?
The starter generator is a 12 volt system but needs a voltage regulator since it is not built in correct?
Is there a way to verify that the voltage regulator is working? It looking like the original or 20 years in the woods does that to them!
Solenoid switch looks like a mud dauber made it a home! I am not sure if it works been 20 years!
So far looks like a generator belt, transmission fan, coil, and plug only things on the shopping list right now

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: 129

Post by ksanders »

Yes, the coil is 12V.
Yes, you need a voltage regulator.
Assuming the wiring is good, check to see if it's charging. If not, jump the F terminal from regulator to a ground on the tractor for a second. If the amp meter pegs to charge, the generator is good but not going through the regulator. I think it's the F terminal, been several years. Hopefully someone can verify quick.
Just have to check solenoid with test light when trying to start it
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!