finally got my 1250 to spark

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
madmolly3
First and Last Name: Michael Mollohan

finally got my 1250 to spark

Post by madmolly3 »

i had spend hours changing points condensor coil. all for nothing on my 1250. had an old friend tell me to take the wire off the point and then see if it got 12volts to the bare wire to rule out the points. when i was testings with the light tester i moved wire than runs to the point and the light started going on and off.... so after all the time spent it was a little bare spot under a clip on and was grounding wire. got all of my help from my old IH man to figure it out with him being in the nursing home. i was just so happen to finally figure out the problem. I have to get this thing going the grass has started growing here. :D

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: finally got my 1250 to spark

Post by Tom Scott »

Michael, good for you, and what a great thing you can tell your friend that he helped get it going!
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><