1450 has hydro issue

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
CDLong
First and Last Name: Charles Long Jr

1450 has hydro issue

Post by CDLong »

Hopefully someone can direct me what to look for and how to repair the ole gal.
The last 3 weeks, it seemed the tractor was using more effort than usual to move. RPMs are 3600 by the tach. Yesterday, I was mowing and went to stop but the brakes didn't hold because the lever didn't return to neutral. I made another round and when I stopped to back up, the lever won't go into forward or reverse. I removed the tunnel cover and the linkage is trying to move, but the plate on the trunnion isn't trying to move. Hydro filter was changed this year. Trunnion was redone about 2 years ago. Thank God I have the auto valves and was able to push her home & into the shed.
75-1450 dual stick 220# wheel weights sleeve hitch, 2 link chains, 2-44C deck, front & rear 42" blades, , #2 tiller. 3rd hydraulic operates rear blade. 84-582 w/ creeper

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Re: 1450 has hydro issue

Post by dale campbell »

sounds like the rod that puts it into neutral when you hit the brake might have came unhooked and is keeping you from moving the shifter