posting photos

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

posting photos

Post by chzuck »

It would be nice if all computer users knew about resizing photos for posting on the web. Not everyone has fast Internet service and those 1 meg and larger photos take awhile to load. Try accessing the "say it with pictures" thread will slow Internet service. I don't know about MAC bit it is easy with windows. Just download http://www.bricelam.net/ImageResizer/ and install and your are ready to go. All you do is right click a photo and a window will pop up and resize image will be one of the options. It is great for photos sent via email or posting anywhere on the web. The only time you need those hi-res files is for editing or printing.

OK, getting off my soap box now.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: posting photos

Post by dag1450 »

Im not sure your soap box is big enough to get guys resizing :( ...but i have the answer to all your problems Charlie. Get a New phone! Since I got a "smart" phone....I don't go near the computer for this kinda fun stuff. Everything is super fast and I can post on the forum while driving..... :? I can't believe it!!
Last edited by dag1450 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

chzuck

Post by chzuck »

Isn't that texting while driving, which is illegal in PA?

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

:oops: oh yeah.... uhh...I only post when I'm in Maryland? .... yeah :?

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Charlie, dag's pulling your leg! When we visited Ray Weaver recently dag was in the car with me and flipped out because I tapped a few buttons on the GPS while driving! I was desperate to get the lunch out of dag he owed me, had to find the restaurant... :lol:

On pic size... Charlie does have a good point. My home internet is pretty fast, and those full size pics can be really aggravating to wait for download. I pretty much only use a laptop for the forum, just more enjoyable to me to work a real keyboard and see pics on a large screen.

I post pics by sending from my phone to email. When sending, the phone gives options for size (quality). "Large" size is usually about 1/3 the file size of "Actual Size", looks great, loads way faster. So, if you have a way right from your phone to change the file size, it is real helpful to kick it down a notch from "Actual size".
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

chzuck

Post by chzuck »

Tom Scott wrote:Charlie, dag's pulling your leg! When we visited Ray Weaver recently dag was in the car with me and flipped out because I tapped a few buttons on the GPS while driving! I was desperate to get the lunch out of dag he owed me, had to find the restaurant... :lol:
Good. People driving with a cell phone in one hand is a pet peeve of mine! On the road today you need both hands and your undivided attention.
Well I only have an older Tracfone Samsung smart phone. I refuse to pay those outrageous fees for the popular up to date smart phones. I don't quite have the speed of the newer stuff but I only pay $20 every 3 months. My cell is not my daily driver either and that number is not given out much. Guess at my age I would be old school and cannot justify those high expenses every month.
Apparently there are many ways to reduce photo file sizes and they should be used, especially in a post like the one on here with only photos. Everytime I want to check that post I have to wait for all the pics to load and some of them are huge. I have 8 Mbps, which is decent and far better than dial up I had years ago. Appreciate your comments and setting the story straight.

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

:x Oh give me a break!!....he was driving like 80 mph.... around a corner... talking about how he don't like the automatic gear shifter design....AND PUSHING ON THE GPS!! I wanted to make it to lunch too....IN ONE PIECE!!
(note to self...don't let Tom drive to lunch) :o