Narrow frame rear hitch

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Ianb
First and Last Name: Ian Buckwell

Narrow frame rear hitch

Post by Ianb »

Hi, sorry for yet another thread, whilst I try to reassemble my engine and or wait for a small diesel to come up for sale I have decided to make a rear hitch for my 106, I have found plenty of photos of the assembly at the rear but cant find any pictures or video of how the bar linking the hitch to the lift handle attaches. If anyone could link me to or post up a close up picture of how the rod attaches to base of the handle/deck lift I would appreciate it, many thanks.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: Narrow frame rear hitch

Post by ksanders »

There's a block that bolts to the slot in the lift arm inside the frame. Been years since I've been in one of those looking at it but I believe the lift bar has to be on the block before you attach it because it won't clear the frame and slide on the block. I borrowed this photo from partstree to show the breakdown
Attachments
3 pt.gif
3 pt.gif (58.07 KiB) Viewed 4671 times
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Ianb

Post by Ianb »

Thanks for reply, what I am trying to figure is where the bracket 3 connects onto the tractor? I will try to get a photo of my tractor hopefully someone can point out the connection point.

Just tried to get a photo, does the bracket attach to the base where the slot in it is, of the lever that you move to adjust the deck?
Attachments
WP_20170830_17_31_25_Pro.jpg
WP_20170830_17_31_25_Pro.jpg (2.65 MiB) Viewed 4658 times
WP_20170830_17_31_03_Pro.jpg
WP_20170830_17_31_03_Pro.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 4658 times

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

If I understand correctly you are looking for assembly photos for bracket 3?
This may clarify things-
DSCN7386.JPG
DSCN7386.JPG (352.64 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
DSCN7389.JPG
DSCN7389.JPG (297.68 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
DSCN7390.JPG
DSCN7390.JPG (275.83 KiB) Viewed 4656 times

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

Post script-
Kevin is right. The bar should be mounted and pinned in place first, it will make assembly far easier.

Ianb

Post by Ianb »

Many thanks for posting yp the photos, that is exactly what I was looking for, living in England Cub Cadet accesiries are rare, therefore rather than pay the shipping to import the lift I intend to construct my own version based upon the layout of the original version.

Thanks again for the pictures, I had searched the web and was unable to find anything showing how it attaches.

Ps Your photos really highlight how bad a shade of yellow the previous owner painted mine!!!

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

The paint difference is fade or so it appears...
on Gear dives that bracket 3 needs to be installed in place Hydro's ahead of time is best.
Ken

Driving past on 91 today... had to run to Burlington to test a elevator.... sometimes I like my job some times I just want to go home! If I ever get down your way on one of my trips north I need to meet up with you!

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

Yes thinking about it now there's a large casting tab on the front reduction housing of the gear drive units that prevents sliding the subassembly in from the rear. Although I seem to recall pinning # 3 in place once the lift bar has been slid through far enough forward to then bolt it on to the lift arm.
Joe I'm five minutes off of exit six. Sorry about your trip to hippie heaven :lol:

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I don't know what implement availability is for you there but if building something from scratch why not a small category 0 rear hitch? If you plan to use the hitch you have to build both the 3 pt and a Brinly adapter to use sleeve hitch implements. Category 0 parts are probably widely available anywhere
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Ianb

Post by Ianb »

A cat 0 3 point would look good and as you say implements are commonly available, I had seen kits cheap on Ebay that included the arms etc,ay be worth looking into, my main concern was their length/size as they seem to be designed for the little Kubota B6000 etc.