127 parts/ spring assist

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

127 parts/ spring assist

Post by Rmowl »

Picked up a 12 hp earlier and ended up getting what was left of the 127 it came from. Just started unloading it after a horrible ball game, and saw it did have a spring assist, just the spring and bolt are absent now when the tractor got torn apart for a restore that never happened. Oh well, can't win them all
Attachments
IMG_1846.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG (2.03 MiB) Viewed 2407 times
IMG_1847.JPG
IMG_1847.JPG (1.59 MiB) Viewed 2407 times
Last edited by Rmowl on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
too many IH cub cadets

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 127 parts

Post by JMotuzick »

The missing parts are the easy parts! Use a spring from CCC snowplow, they used a 3/8 bolt for the top, much easier to mount when assembling the plow. As for using as a spring assist, it's the same spring, just different thread. Get a nice long full thread 3/8 bolt. If you can't find one in your parts stash I'm sure I have extras.

Rmowl

Post by Rmowl »

That's awesome! I have a pile of snow plows, not sure about the bolt with the hook though. I'll figure out something maybe once thinking clear again, thanks for the help!
too many IH cub cadets

Rmowl

Post by Rmowl »

I didn't see any CCC plows just gave IH ones, took a spring off one, planning on welding a nut on the other side where bolt threads in, unless there is a better or easier way I'm not seeing? I'm assuming this spring will work ok
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.6 MiB) Viewed 2395 times
too many IH cub cadets

Rmowl

Re: 127 parts/ spring assist

Post by Rmowl »

Saw an eBay add for a 2166 lift assist spring for $10, but not sure if that would work. I got this spring from an IH snow plow, was thinking of getting a carriage eye bolt and attaching to other side and try that out. Have to see if the spring will fit in the tractor also.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 2369 times
too many IH cub cadets