Wire hook up

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
planejeff
First and Last Name: Jeff McDonald

Wire hook up

Post by planejeff »

I decided to verify the old 129 wires were good. I did an ohms check the wires and repaired some damage wire. The safety switches were broke and corroded so I cut and spliced wires. I hooked a battery up and turned the key! I got the plug to fire! No jumping for joy yet! The starter/generator didn't turn over! No belt on it but turns over when jump from battery directly. All wires are in right position! I notice on a parts breakdown there's a wire on engine to ground! Which I didn't notice at the time! Would this wire be the reason?
Any help? Thanks

mortten
First and Last Name: Doug Anderson

Re: Wire hook up

Post by mortten »

Grounds need to.be good and clean. Could be the switch or solenoid also.

Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

Post by Rmowl »

Yup that's the issues I've had on those tractors , usually a faulty ground more often than not. I'm not near my 149, the only wide frame of the 1x9 series I own, but on a 124 the ground is here below the s/g.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 2710 times
too many IH cub cadets

planejeff
First and Last Name: Jeff McDonald

Post by planejeff »

Starter solenoid is new. I will check the ground when I have a chance. May end up sanding off paint. Thanks for input.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Is the solenoid clicking when you try to start or not? If it isn't you may not be getting power to and from it to get to the starter
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!