Cub 1450 gas tank leaking a bit at the shut off valve

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
jackw
First and Last Name: Jack Wiater

Cub 1450 gas tank leaking a bit at the shut off valve

Post by jackw »

I had to take my gas tank out of my 1450 and now it is weeping where the rubber gasket above the shut off valve is. What is the easiest / best way to fix this.
This is my main piece of snow removal equipment so I gotta fix it and get it right, Is there some type of sealant iI can use without having to take the tank back out?
or do I need to buy a new gasket to fix it. Any input greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance. Have a great day!
Jack

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Cub 1450 gas tank leaking a bit at the shut off valve

Post by dag1450 »

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/301495221753 I would just buy the whole thing. Get some new fuel line too.....and maybe a filter. Blow it out with compressed air to try to remove debris before u install.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Agreed drain the tank install the whole new assembly with a bit of oil to let it slide in. Agreed on the line too, if it’s more then a year old replace it! The whole repair is about $20 and 20 minutes! Leave the tank in the frame all you will need is a pair of pliers.

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Post by DaveKamp »

I ordered one of these kits (the link was through Rich Patton)... arrived while I was on a road assignment... looks pretty good. I'll be mounting it on the QL tank tomorrow, then putting some gas in for a test... and if it's okay, emptying the WF (temporary) tank, putting the QL tank, and hookin' it up. I don't know what the difference in fuel capacity is... i think the QL tank may hold a quart or two more... I'd be fine if it held THREE GALLONS more... :lol:
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Good Dave! Yes I gave that link because it was for Rich. I don't know him personally but seems to be a trusted Cub guy. Now...it would be nice to hear from original poster as well to see how he resolved his leak.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

DaveKamp

Post by DaveKamp »

Well Dag... I got my shutoff and bushing put together today... it was really easy... yank the old out, clean up the plastic, put the new bushing in, a drop of oil on the shutoff barb, shove it in... and done.

Dunno if it seals, haven't mounted the tank yet... too busy pulling wire and assembling conduit for the service panel upstairs... ;-)
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.

DaveKamp

Post by DaveKamp »

Got the tank installed today, and the new shutoff assembly is working just dandy! :beer: