Tiller Help

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Lance
First and Last Name: Lance Trgina

Tiller Help

Post by Lance »

I picked up a rear tiller and mounted it on my 149. I cannot read the tag on the tiller to determine which model it is. It does have the extensions. Is the another way of telling the model so I can get the correct belts? I have viewed a manual but it wasn't much help. Thanks in advance. Lance

Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

Re: Tiller Help

Post by Rmowl »

The part number you need for the PTO belt is 549250 R1 for that series of early wide frame tractor. You have a model 1 tiller if it has the extensions, but model of tiller does not matter, the belt is the same. There is plenty of cross references for that part number belt, but I have found that AX-144 works great and I have purchased them for $20 shipped off Amazon and other aftermarket belt vendors with great results
too many IH cub cadets

Lance
First and Last Name: Lance Trgina

Re: Tiller Help

Post by Lance »

Thanks Rick! I'm in the process now of getting a threaded adjuster made for the mule drive. Lance