Electric motor lift

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

Electric motor lift

Post by Rmowl »

Just got a 126 going tonight. Been on the back burner for a few weeks behind several others. Runs great. Put a new switch for the electric lift on. The motor runs and sounds good but the shaft doesn't come in or out. Any ideas what to look for when I tear into it tmrw night? Hoping someone has some experience with them. It appears to be rebuilt.
Attachments
IMG_2101.JPG
IMG_2101.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 3340 times
too many IH cub cadets

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Electric motor lift

Post by dag1450 »

I think there's a couple things inside that can go wrong but never worked on one. I remember hearing about gear failure, maybe a shear pin. Try using the search bar at the top of site....see if anything comes up. I know there's been some discussion in the past. Keep us posted with pics
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Rmowl

Post by Rmowl »

Yup, worm gear is stripped. I've got a good electric lift off a 128 hate to strip it though. The motor worked great forward and reverse it looks nearly new probably had no run time. The previous owner took the lift off and rigged up a hand lift and busted up the console in the process. Replaced that and looks good. I'll get the lift going one way or another
too many IH cub cadets

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

Hard to tell from the photo but it looks like your lift does not have the slip clutch and the result is the stripped gear. Not too bright of IH to use this lift unit without the clutch. I am speaking from experience as I stripped the one on my when I first purchased the 147. Learned of the slip clutch, got one, installed it, and it works great. I plan on putting an E lift on my Cub 70.

By the way, I put a manual lift on mine until I got a gear. I did not need to bust anything in the dash to do it.
Attachments
ELECTRICLIFTCLUTCH.JPG
ELECTRICLIFTCLUTCH.JPG (18.27 KiB) Viewed 3304 times
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

Rmowl

Post by Rmowl »

Thanks for the replies. It does have the clutch. Gear isn't stripped too bad but enough to not work. I tore apart a parts lift I had with a good gear. Tried briefly to remove it but ran out of time, will resume when home again this weekend. I probably won't really use the 126 for anything just got it because it was a one owner in great shape with all options except for the busted dash. He rigged up a pipe that rubbed up against the fiberglass. I've already swapped the dash out for a perfect 127 dash. Tractor runs great and the old bulbs in it still work it was sitting for a very long time. Once the lift is working I doubt I'll really use it
too many IH cub cadets

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

On those lifts one tooth broken and your done. Surprised it broke a tooth with the clutch. Maybe it was set way too tight.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

Rmowl

Post by Rmowl »

Old gear off, new gear on. Installed and works great! I sure hated tearing apart another lift but didn't care to pay over $100 for just the gear. Very pleased with this 126. Now if only the governor on my dads 782 would work all would be well in cub land
Attachments
IMG_2118.JPG
IMG_2118.JPG (2.54 MiB) Viewed 3263 times
IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2119.JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 3263 times
too many IH cub cadets