Couple 1650 Questions

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Wacenturion
First and Last Name: Daniel Blatt

Couple 1650 Questions

Post by Wacenturion »

Just joined the forum as I recently purchased a fully functional 1977 1650 that I want to use and restore. Assuming by the first two digits on the mower that it is a 44' cut.....correct? Other question is looking at the hour meter it appears from what I can tell it has approximately 700 hours on it? How many hours on these old Koehler engines before rebuild? Of course know a lot has to do with the maintenance and care the machine received.
Attachments
cubcadet1650a.jpg
cubcadet1650a.jpg (53.67 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
cubcadet1650g.jpg.jpeg
cubcadet1650g.jpg.jpeg (218.89 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
cubcadet1650f.jpg.jpeg
cubcadet1650f.jpg.jpeg (90.93 KiB) Viewed 1780 times

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Couple 1650 Questions

Post by JMotuzick »

Yes, 44” as we typed about in the other thread.
The earlier models don’t have your meters but I’m sure many of those would have gone around several times. Do the up-keep and it should put last you.

Wacenturion
First and Last Name: Daniel Blatt

Re: Couple 1650 Questions

Post by Wacenturion »

Interesting hour meter on these old tractors. Blowing up the 1650's hour meter picture on my phone and knowing now how to read the meter, it appears the yellow needle is pointing to 300 hrs. Whether it is the first 300 is unknown, but at least it feels good....lol. The person II bought it from says it starts right up, runs very well, and the hydraulic lift works. The very few things wrong are....
1. needs new battery
2. needs new seat
3. right front tire has slow leak
4. one tail light lens has a crack
5. appearance has faded over time, no dents, very little rust of which is mostly surface.

Looking foward to picking it up soon.