PTO!!

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
byknow
First and Last Name: Alfred Tambling

PTO!!

Post by byknow »

Hey all,my1204's pto decided to stop working tonight.....hope it's just a wire thing lots of black electrical tape and such to go through,hoping it's not in the s switch.Any test to see if it is in the switch....

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: PTO!!

Post by ksanders »

A good test light (or even cheap one) is great for wiring. Check to see if you have power going into the switch by attaching the test light to a good ground or the negative battery post and the other side of the test light to the terminal on the switch. If it has power going in turn the switch on and see if you have power going out. If you do keep going further down to the pto until something isn't getting power.
If that doesn't make sense let me know and i'll try to explain it a bit differently

Also there's a fuse under the steering wheel in the dash pedestal. Twist out the holder and see if it's blown
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!