50c deck keeps clogging

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

50c deck keeps clogging

Post by Rmowl »

Have a 50c mower deck. It’s ran by a 682 with an 18 mag. It does not matter the condition or height of the grass, but the farthest blade away from the chute is always clogged with grass. I have gator blades on currently which didn’t seem to change the condition. I have sanded the deck to bare metal. I have painted and applied clear coat. I run the engine wide open. All baffles are in tact and in good shape. Nothing seems to work. I have a 44c deck that has zero problems, but like the extra width of the 50. Next time I mow I’ll pull it off again and snap some pictures. I pressure wash it nearly every time I’m done with it. Never had bearing failures doing this and I grease after every second or third use.
too many IH cub cadets

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: 50c deck keeps clogging

Post by dag1450 »

That is very strange. How is the cut? Is it a nice cut from all three blades?? I can't say I have experience with the 50". Is there a chance the belt is on wrong....idk. good luck with that.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Any chance the blade is mounted upside down?
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

Rmowl
First and Last Name: Rick Mowl Jr

Post by Rmowl »

dag1450 wrote:That is very strange. How is the cut? Is it a nice cut from all three blades?? I can't say I have experience with the 50". Is there a chance the belt is on wrong....idk. good luck with that.
I have noticed there is some high spot in the middle of the grass is too tall. Other than that a good cut.
ReicheP wrote:Any chance the blade is mounted upside down?
If I ever did do that I probably wouldn’t admit it! But no, they are on correct. I know the deck spindle belt is not OE, it’s the 1/2”x 86” or whatever it is. Wandering if it needs to be OE specific, the PTO belt is. It’s got me stumped
too many IH cub cadets

mortten
First and Last Name: Doug Anderson

Post by mortten »

Belt should be 1/2 x 85 1/2. Is your engine RPM at spec?