Another washout

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Another washout

Post by Klapatta »

Well, it's been very dry here lately and rain fall totals for the last couple of months have been way down. The woods are tinder waiting for a match, the soil is hard packed and the lawn is crispy- I have not mowed in three weeks. When the down pour came the other day there was no way for the soil to take the water in, it was like concrete. Some folks are saying that we got three inches of rain in one hour, others are saying four. All I know is that it sounded like a freight train on the roof. As a result without even having to look the next Morning I knew that the driveway had suffered extensive damage. I decided to get out there today to patch things up before the soil turned back into concrete again.
DSCN7960.JPG
DSCN7960.JPG (438.78 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
I turned the engine off to take that shot and when I got back on to my surprise nothing happened when I turned the key. I had my radio ear muffs on at the time so I did not hear the starter turning. I got off to take a look and found this-
DSCN7961.JPG
DSCN7961.JPG (261.53 KiB) Viewed 1347 times
Actually, I was quite surprised by that, the last time I checked the belt tension was just fine. I'm suspecting that a rock got thrown up into the pulley and tossed it off. I put the belt back on, reset the tension and it was just fine after that.
So all in all I put in about two hours of quality seat time getting the driveway back into passing order.
DSCN7962.JPG
DSCN7962.JPG (399.46 KiB) Viewed 1347 times

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Another washout

Post by JMotuzick »

Care to do mine next? Working 12’s this week. My wife called yesterday to say it was a bad thunder storm I guess it poured for over a hour. Main drive is asphalt but the side driveway is gravel so it’s all down on the lawn!