128 cub

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
fordman
First and Last Name: Jason DeWitt

128 cub

Post by fordman »

IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0863.JPG (2.25 MiB) Viewed 1423 times
IMG_0864.JPG
IMG_0864.JPG (2.76 MiB) Viewed 1423 times
IMG_0865.JPG
IMG_0865.JPG (2.95 MiB) Viewed 1423 times
IMG_0867.JPG
IMG_0867.JPG (2.89 MiB) Viewed 1423 times
IMG_0918.JPG
IMG_0918.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 1423 times
hello yall got a question does anyone have a part number i can take to like advance auto or autoone to get a high output coil i think the brang is bosch its blue in color or is there a chrome one out there the oe coil is leaking something looks like oil when it gets hot and it will die anyone have a good part number also are aftermarket points any good or should i just bite the bullet and get kohler ones i want to replace everything in the ingition it might be oe dont know the old timer i got it off of said it was sitting for a few years i got the tractor for 200 and had to cut a blackberry bush and a small maple tree out of it to move it the tree was like 3 inches in diameter lol

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 128 cub

Post by JMotuzick »

Kohler points only! Spring steal needs to be right, other knock offs Seam to be weaker. Condenser is up to you. The coil needs to have a internal resistor or it will burn up very quickly. I’ve never bought a new one, just swap in a used one from a parts rig!