108 Cub Cadet

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
jdudding
First and Last Name: Joey Dudding

108 Cub Cadet

Post by jdudding »

I am working on a 108 Cub Cadet that I can not figure out its not charging I changed the VR and starter generator and no luck. Would anyone have any more things to look at I am out of ideas? Thanks, Joey.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 108 Cub Cadet

Post by JMotuzick »

The test procedure for a starter generator system is pretty easy. Ground out the field with the engine running. If the engine bogs down, it’s your starter generator. If no change at your regulator. If it bogs down and no change it could also be bad wiring between something. Check both the blue and yellow wires. Along with the gray wire. Look for a bad ground at the regulator and the wires them selfs to ground. Good luck!

jdudding
First and Last Name: Joey Dudding

Re: 108 Cub Cadet

Post by jdudding »

I got my 108 charging and it turned out to be the voltage regulator had a new one for a long time on the shelf but it worked when I put it on. Thanks, Joey.