Tiller and Plow Blade

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Wacenturion
First and Last Name: Daniel Blatt

Tiller and Plow Blade

Post by Wacenturion »

Can someone tell me if this is a #1 or #2 tiller. Also see photo of blade. Are these period correct attachments for a 1977 1650?
Thanks
Attachments
tiller.jpg
tiller.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 4979 times
tiller1.jpg
tiller1.jpg (29.41 KiB) Viewed 4979 times
tillerblade.jpg
tillerblade.jpg (27.42 KiB) Viewed 4979 times

Wacenturion

Re: Tiller and Plow Blade

Post by Wacenturion »

After doing some looking, it appears to be a #2 tiller minus the shield.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

The tiller is a 2. There's a serial tag on the left of the tiller that will have it on there. You need the right angle gearbox to use it and the only difference in model 2 tillers is the size of the pulley on that gearbox. I think the 2B tiller had a bigger pulley for the x82 series bigger belt width. The tiller will bolt to any IH tractor with a sleeve hitch

The plow blade is the same on all models except the subframe which I can't see in the picture. There's a narrow and wide frame version but looking at the lift rod mount I believe that's a wide frame version correct for the 1650. The wide frame lift rod mount is a bit wider but the subframe is the important part
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

ksanders wrote:The tiller is a 2. There's a serial tag on the left of the tiller that will have it on there. You need the right angle gearbox to use it and the only difference in model 2 tillers is the size of the pulley on that gearbox. I think the 2B tiller had a bigger pulley for the x82 series bigger belt width. The tiller will bolt to any IH tractor with a sleeve hitch

The plow blade is the same on all models except the subframe which I can't see in the picture. There's a narrow and wide frame version but looking at the lift rod mount I believe that's a wide frame version correct for the 1650. The wide frame lift rod mount is a bit wider but the subframe is the important part
Here are some additional photos of the blade. Can you verify if it is indeed for a wide frame like the 1650? Also you said in reference to the tiller.....

"You need the right angle gearbox to use it"

Can you explain. Is something missing on the tiller? Seller said he has then gearbox. Not knowing much about these things, is the gearbox a seperate item?
Thanks
Attachments
tillerblade1.jpg
tillerblade1.jpg (25.89 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
tillerblade2.jpg
tillerblade2.jpg (26.92 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
tillerblade3.jpg
tillerblade3.jpg (24.42 KiB) Viewed 4960 times
tillerblade5.jpg
tillerblade5.jpg (28.28 KiB) Viewed 4960 times

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

Assuming this is what a right angle gearbox looks like...……..

Seller wants $350 for everything, the tiller, gearbox and blade. Seems like a fair price. Probably can have a tiller shield fabricated to complete it if necessary.
Attachments
tiller4.jpg
tiller4.jpg (22.82 KiB) Viewed 4959 times
tiller5.jpg
tiller5.jpg (27.39 KiB) Viewed 4959 times

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Yes that's the gearbox and looks correct. The blade looks right too but from the looks of the rear lift on that tractor with gearbox it's on a narrow frame. Might ask him what it came off of. At 350 you can't go wrong. The long belt to the front pto is kind of pricey but I've used a $15 aftermarket for years and it's still tilling away
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

ksanders wrote:Yes that's the gearbox and looks correct. The blade looks right too but from the looks of the rear lift on that tractor with gearbox it's on a narrow frame. Might ask him what it came off of. At 350 you can't go wrong. The long belt to the front pto is kind of pricey but I've used a $15 aftermarket for years and it's still tilling away
Oh, those two pictures of the gearbox are ones I clipped off the internet. They are not from the seller of the tiller and blade. Both attachments were with a IH Cub Cadet 1450. Sorry about that,.

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

A 1450 and 1650 are the same tractor except motor size so it'll all work

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

ksanders wrote:A 1450 and 1650 are the same tractor except motor size so it'll all work
Just got a photo of the actual gearbox on the rear of the 1450. Looks correct....right?
Attachments
tiller6.jpg
tiller6.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 4953 times

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Looks correct except the part that goes into the 3 pt upper casting. You can buy repro ones if you want it correct or use that homemade one

Wacenturion

Post by Wacenturion »

Ksanders…..Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it very much!