1650 Tire Question

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Wacenturion
First and Last Name: Daniel Blatt

1650 Tire Question

Post by Wacenturion »

Going to replace all four tires on the 1650. My property does have some areas with slopes and atv trails. Want to put ag type lug tires on the rear in stock size 23x10.50-12. However when replacing the front should I also go to a stock sized 16x6.50-8 ag lug type tire or a more typical turf type? Plan on mowing some areas where the 1650 would be easier than the swisher pull behind I use on a couple acres of pasture, as well as possibly going up and off some off my atv trail to either mow and also till small food plots, like 1/8-1/4 acre max. I'm assuming ag lugs all the way around would give a little better overall traction as well as grabbing while going downhill if needed vs. front smoother type turf tires. But what do I know..... :mrgreen:

cholloway
First and Last Name: Colin Holloway

Re: 1650 Tire Question

Post by cholloway »

I used to have a 1650 with lugs on all 4 corners... however,
I was told the "non-traction" front tires should be reversed.
I dunno. I didn't like the way it looked.
Official Member SCCG

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

That's just it. I think it's all about the look on the front. Probably any tire will aim u in the right direction....as long as it's not greasy mud. So I think pick the look u like.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

cwcub
First and Last Name: Corey Wilder

Post by cwcub »

Sounds like you won’t be mowing lawn with it so I would go with ag tires on the back regular on the front. To maximize traction wheel weights are very helpful. I run them year round on my 1872. Makes a big difference when it comes to mowing up hills. The tiller will make it light in the front when you pick it up making steering control vague. If you can find front wheel weights get them. If you have the $ get all tires foam filled, adds weight and no more flats. I love spending other people’s money!
cwcub 1450 1650 1872 782