Walbro carb

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Walbro carb

Post by Klapatta »

A coworker has been having fuel issues with his 125. I told him bring the carb in and I'll rebuild it for you. He works days, I work evenings so there's not a lot of time for communication. Anyway I get in this Afternoon, pick the thing up from my bench and straight off I see that it's a Walbro 52.
Can someone direct me to a overhaul kit for this thing? Or is it even worth it :P

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Walbro carb

Post by dag1450 »

Not sure if this is it....kinda pricey....https://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-WHG-Car ... 2096019306
I have had good luck with walbro fixed and non fixed jets. For me....unless something has failed.... a good cleaning is what they need. I love 2+2 for cleaner.... wear glasses and gloves. I really like it in the eyeballs :banghead:
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Re: Walbro carb

Post by Klapatta »

Ouch that's pricy. But at least it has the welch plugs and float. His had the adjustable jets. The second I saw Walbro on the body I left him a note no can do. So I never even unscrewed the bowl, they have a plastic float huh? Interesting.
Anyway, I loaned him a rebuilt Carter 30 to trouble shoot with that I had test run and set for a 301. He put it on and claims she never ran that good ever before. So I knew there and then that I'd might not be getting it back :lol: He asked me what my I don't want to sell it price was and he said sure, OK.
Everybody happy, Another cubbie that was garaged dormant for decades mowing, the end. :)
Thanks for the link, I'm gonna save that to documents- it may come in handy. ;)