cub cadet 102-selling price?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
tbrown43512
First and Last Name: tim brown

cub cadet 102-selling price?

Post by tbrown43512 »

what would this tractor be worth? 102 international harvester, has PTO, 3-speed gear driven. original deck, tires, runs well. i also have a IH snow blower attachment for the tractor..what is a fair price? :D

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Re: cub cadet 102-selling price?

Post by Klapatta »

As always it comes down to what a buyer is willing to pay. The collectable status of the 102 is low. Right now the market on all these machines remains low excepting to some degree more rare models such as pre production prototypes, a 3 digit, or a less common model such as a 800, 169, 982, 126, or any high option machine in #1 or #2 condition which may fetch a more favorable price. In spite of their high production numbers the 70 and 100 still show quite a bit of draw. The market has been soft for several years now and generally speaking continues a slow decline. I noted a no option 126 in fair shape last week going for 150 but it probably did not last long. A full on restoration may ask a high value but here's where the buyer must match the seller, commonly a person wanting a restoration wants to do one himself. While I greatly admire them it's the factory patina machines which draw my attention. My 102 with 4 excellent tires would snatch 250 on the best of days. Of course why would I sell it? Generally speaking it's not common to discuss value here from what I observe, it's not what the group is about. Back in the days before the housing and market crash when everybody thought they were going to get rich on these machines they were bringing a premium price but that's simply not the case these days. I gave away a perfectly good useable QA42 thrower a couple of months ago just to clear some room. Many of the more common machines are worth more when simply parted out. But that's not what any of us wanted to hear now is it?