582 Cub Cadet

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
jdudding
First and Last Name: Joey Dudding

582 Cub Cadet

Post by jdudding »

I saw somewhere if the crankcase breathers on the 16hp Briggs and Stratton get stopped up that they will use oil. I was wondering if it is common to one side because I can get one side new but not the other side I am going to check mine out to see what kind of shape they are in. Thanks, Joey.

mrbrown
First and Last Name: Mike Brown

Re: 582 Cub Cadet

Post by mrbrown »

Hi Joey. I have a 582. The Briggs breathers were all broke up inside and the front seal had slipped inside. Valve springs had wore into aluminum block. It now has a m-18 out of a Sears with a 1" pto. That electric pto off that Briggs will bolt right to that m-18. Looks like you have a collection like mine. If i have to make that Tn. trip again i may have to look you up. Mike

mrbrown
First and Last Name: Mike Brown

Re: 582 Cub Cadet

Post by mrbrown »

I just looked at our join dates and they are two days apart. Wow