Got 2 rescue dogs, 1 rescue cat and now a rescue Cub Cadet

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
dunrovin1654
First and Last Name: Rich Donohue

Got 2 rescue dogs, 1 rescue cat and now a rescue Cub Cadet

Post by dunrovin1654 »

Hey folks,
Grampa Rich here....
I just rescued a 1200 Cub Cadet which was on its way to being a "Puller".
It has a freshly rebuilt 12 HP engine which was bolted to the frame with solid steel mounts.
I put in the stock rubber mounts and a new stock clutch and she was ready to go...(Kinda').
(Sloppy steering, needs brake pads, paint......etc) but it is usable while I restore it.

Big problem is the mower deck....
Don't know if its' a 42" or 44". Looks like the total swath of the three blades (two small,1 long) would be 44".
The nose and two side pieces are cast with rear wheel mounts also cast into the side pieces.
The belt was 3/8" X 80" but the pulleys look like the belt ought to be 1/2"....
One of the spindles is shot but I don't know what to order.

In my research, I found that the cast nose piece (used) went for an exorbitant price, which led me to believe
that this deck might be some what collectable.....

So here's the deal.....

I love this old beast of a tractor, and I'm going to restore it as far as my budget will allow...BUT...
I have 8 1/3 acres and could definitely use a larger (maybe 48" to 54") deck in good shape for straight trade for this deck....

Interested?
I live 20 miles north of Raleigh NC and my phone number is 919 268 9113...

Thanks
Grampa Rich
(not rich grampa as all the grands and great grand kids like to think)

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Re: Got 2 rescue dogs, 1 rescue cat and now a rescue Cub Cad

Post by dale campbell »

should be a 42" deck, turn the 2 outer blades end to end and measure total width . the 44 / 50 decks don't have cast iron noses