782 hydro

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
BlackRiverForge
First and Last Name: Paul Stevens

782 hydro

Post by BlackRiverForge »

I have a 782 in the slower speeds like really slow the tractor surges a little I don’t notice it at faster speeds. It is in the hydro I can tell that. Is it a easy fix I see two rebuild kits one is cheaper than the other. Anyone know what kit I need or what each rebuild is for.

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Re: 782 hydro

Post by DaveKamp »

Slow speed surge is usually a circumstance of wear in the hydrostat swashplate linkage... aka... 'trunion'. It's something best fixed using a welder (to fill in the worn spots) and a file (to make them square and flat again)...

But before you do that, have you pulled the back cover, cleaned out the transaxle, replaced the trans filter, and refilled it with HY-TRAN ULTRA?

If not, do that.
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.