125 hydro problem

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Chardie
First and Last Name: Craig Hardie

125 hydro problem

Post by Chardie »

To make a long story short I combined 2 tractors to make one. Both were driving and fully functioning. One had a bad frame and good engine but the hydro leaked bad. The other had bad engine but good frame and clean leak free hydro. Other than the engine swap the only thing I changed was the shaft that goes up to the direction handle on the dashboard. Someone had welded a chunk of steel on the old one. The new combined tractor runs great and drives forward fine. Reverse seems to have disappeared. The linkage is moving as it should. Can anyone give any suggestions?

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Re: 125 hydro problem

Post by dale campbell »

button on top of release valve stuck down .

Chardie
First and Last Name: Craig Hardie

Post by Chardie »

Thank you I will check that. Seems odd this could be the case because it drives forward with no issue

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Post by dale campbell »

1 valve is forward .1 is reverse