42" Blade Question

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
trice
First and Last Name: Thomas Rice

42" Blade Question

Post by trice »

Has anybody modified the 42" blade from the welded connecting rod (on the main frame) to a removable connecting rod for ease of decoupling (main frame from sub frame)? I bought one on eBay that was shipped to me with the two pieces separated. I asked the seller about the authenticity of the welded rod and he said it was supposed to be welded not to modify it (because it wouldn't work correctly) and I should reconnect the two pieces using a pry bar and never decouple them again. :x
Thanks.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 42" Blade Question

Post by JMotuzick »

First welcome!

I don’t see why you couldn’t cut/drill that pin out and use 2 hair pins to keep it in place. I’ve owned a few plows and sold them, currently have 25~ the welded pin is correct. I did sell one once as your discribing. As far as I know the buyer never had a problem when using it. I also welded one back together.

TWheaton
First and Last Name: Tim Wheaton

Post by TWheaton »

Yes, The one I have listed in the classified I modified to detach by sliding the rod out . Had nothing to do with the operation of the blade. Turn the wheels all the way one direction, slide the rod out, disconnect the lift rod and you're done.

trice
First and Last Name: Thomas Rice

Post by trice »

All,
Thanks for the welcome. Thanks also for sharing your thoughts and experience. Tom

62 504, 66 Cub, 50 Cub, 70 106