What models have dual brakes?

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
mykids32
First and Last Name: Aric Schneider

What models have dual brakes?

Post by mykids32 »

What models have the dual rear brakes, ya know 2 brake pedals, one for each side. I thought it was only Supers, but not for sure if I am wrong. Thanks,

Aric

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Re: What models have dual brakes?

Post by mgonitzke »

Only the Supers had them stock. I built at set for my 782 and they work pretty good. I've got another set started for my 582, but I haven't had a chance to finish them yet.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

MattS
First and Last Name: Matthew Spinazzola

Post by MattS »

I have an early 982 that did not have dual brakes. Later 982's and all other supers should have them.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Turning brakes were a factory option on the 982's. I think they were only options on later SGTs, but don't keep up with them as much.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

AJGross
First and Last Name: AJ Gross

Post by AJGross »

Turning brakes were a option on 982's and standard on all other supers. They were never a option for regular gt's.

AJ

J

mykids32
First and Last Name: Aric Schneider

Post by mykids32 »

Matt, how did you build the set? Did you just use some from another tractor or just somehow implement something else?

Aric

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

I built them from scratch. The only CC part used was a couple of rubber pad covers from a 2000 series. Check out the "projects" section of my website for details.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site