IH rock rake dimensions

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

IH rock rake dimensions

Post by ksanders »

Does anyone have a rock rake they could get dimensions on? For instance, the length and what size steel of the cross bar and whether or not the part that goes to the frame is the same as the blade. I have a blade and could use a rake around the house but haven't found one in several years. I have a nice machine shop area accessible to build one as long as I can make it about identical to factory. With great dimensions I could even 3d model it if needed for someone. I'll buy tines and not as worried about the Guage wheel part of it unless someone just wanted to go that far. If I can't find it i'll probably be at some shows this year and see one I can measure up.

Or if someone had one I'd be willing to pay for it too. Don't need the mounting as I have the blade already.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Re: IH rock rake dimensions

Post by Paulf »

Kevin, it's 42" wide. The main section consists of a 1" X 3" channel "nested" on a 1" X 4 1/4" angle. The rake teeth go over the 4 1/4" section of the angle and have a section that turns up against the 1" section. The channel sets on top and holds them down. The only "squirrely" part is the rear of the 4 1/4" angle. The last 1/2" or so is turned up slightly and there's a space cut out for each blade.

If you'll send me your email, I'll send you some pictures if you'd like.

Paul

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Thanks to the generous members that got me some dimensions and detailed pictures. I have a good idea of it all now. Doesn't look terribly difficult, albeit time consuming. Right now I'm sourcing metal and tines and cheapest I'm at is going to cost over $500 just in material for all this. I'm looking at some alternatives and will still probably model it up over time but I can buy a cat 0 one for the 982 cheaper than that. It appears ihccw has a rake sold piece by piece but looks like around $800 for all the pieces. I'll keep you updated on progress regardless of direction. Thanks again everyone
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

I'm still 50/50 on building this. The cost, mainly the tines, is going to be a bit unreasonable. I did get it all modeled up though.
Attachments
rake screenshot.png
rake screenshot.png (166.2 KiB) Viewed 4290 times

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Nice. The model looks great. Doesn't your computer have a 3-d print button....bam.. problem solved. :lol:. When I received my steering column gromit..it had a pattern to the one side of the rubber and my first thought was someone printed this dumb thing. Lol
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

cholloway
First and Last Name: Colin Holloway

Post by cholloway »

Dave, I seem to remember using an old wheel bearing to replace a missing grommet
in the steering column. IIRC.
Official Member SCCG

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Funny you mention that, there is a 3D printer there...

It seems like from the old registry days there was some kind of generic grommet that would fit the steering column