My quietline

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: My quietline

Post by dag1450 »

:cry: :roll: .ok....fine BM....i will stop flapping when you post that orange death trap of yours in the coffee shop.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Orange death trap?
Are you going to make me go find Tom? :ugeek:

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

Lol. Tom is so buried in his work....he hasn't figured out how to walk and chew gum....so he wont be of any help to you. :lol:
That fancy topless skid steer of yours with the nice orange rims. I would call that a death trap! :roll:

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

Topless????

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

Yeah..idk where everyone is. I was thinking Big mike or Tom would clear some of this up Dave. I was hoping mike would post some more progress in the coffee shop of a old skid steer he has been working on. I called it "topless" because it doesn't have any cab or roll over protection...and it sounded good... maybe? :lol:

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

dag1450 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:15 pm
Yeah..idk where everyone is. I was thinking Big mike or Tom would clear some of this up Dave. I was hoping mike would post some more progress in the coffee shop of a old skid steer he has been working on. I called it "topless" because it doesn't have any cab or roll over protection...and it sounded good... maybe? :lol:
I remember what you were talking about, but had to make a big deal about topless!!!

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Ok pally pal.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Oof, I'm guilty as charged, I've been terribly absent, just been stupid busy. Ok, on to the matter at hand... As usual, it is painful to agree with dag, but a "topless" skid steer really is a deathtrap! BM, you're the "welder-extraordinaire", weld up a beefy cage or at least a roll bar!

When I worked at one industrial site we came in the next day to find night shift had flipped one of skid steers upside down. Some fruitcake operator either messed up bad or was playing "wheelie-time". Without the cage he would have been squashed for sure.

There, now I feel dirty, siding with dag against BM - but only to save his life!

Good to see some of you on here with a few posts, I'll have to try to do better myself!
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Ok you too! :lol:
I have a cage for it. It's a bear enough to work on topless let alone having the cage on it. It is a factory add on cage and not very ergonomic. I will likely build a more user friendly cage after I get it usable.
NOW, let's get back to the Quietline that's not getting restored! :D