Cub cadet RTZ 50 problem

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Dojohn2004
First and Last Name: Don johnson

Cub cadet RTZ 50 problem

Post by Dojohn2004 »

Hello all, I have a zero turn cub cadet, I think is about a 2012 model. Recently I cannot back up when pressing the reverse pedal, and in idle it now goes forward without pressing the accelerator pedal. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Not sure if there is an adjustment somewhere? Any help would be greatly appreiciated! :D

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: Cub cadet RTZ 50 problem

Post by ksanders »

First off welcome!

Secondly I don't own one or know how they work (30 years newer than my newest ones) but based on what you're saying I'd assume a linkage is broke on the pedal and not activating the hydro (assuming hydro) so the pedal is doing nothing and the hydro is freely going to the forward position. Have you been under it and inspected the linkages?

Worse would be something broke inside the hydro.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Dojohn2004
First and Last Name: Don johnson

Re: Cub cadet RTZ 50 problem

Post by Dojohn2004 »

Thanks Kevin, I will check it out