relief valves and moving tractor

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
ekimr
First and Last Name: Mike Smith

relief valves and moving tractor

Post by ekimr »

On a CC149, I am able to move/push the tractor in both directions with the relief valve buttons in the outright position.

Does that indicate a problem?

I thought the tractor wasnt supposed to move manually unless the valves are pressed in.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: relief valves and moving tractor

Post by Tom Scott »

I've only had newer machines with the automatic valves, but you are correct, you should not be able to push with valves not depressed.

If the tractor has sat for a long time perhaps enough fluid has drained from the main system that you are able to move some, but... I would not move it at all without depressing the valves. You will cause damage, so I recommend not to do it at all.

If the machine is operating fine otherwise, just keep using it and don't worry about it. But don't roll without depressing the valves! Just my two cents.
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><