Help . May be a stupid question

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
oldgreygoose
First and Last Name: Danni Smith

Help . May be a stupid question

Post by oldgreygoose »

Can I use a hose end sprayer to clean my SZ 60 Tank and engine? I am desperately trying to get it running good again. I am replacing plugs, cleaning carbon build up, removing shroud to check for critter nests and grass build up, cleaning fan fins., Changing oil and air filters, changing oil. It has gotten very dust laden again as I live on a hill between 2 dirt roads,, and being in my barn , lovely Barn swallows have decorated it.I am also cleaning under the deck and will be greasing what ever can hold grease.
I hate asking stupid questions, but I cannot find an answer anywhere else.
Cub Cadet ZForce
commercial zero turn.
Cub Cadet 1966 102 Garden Tractor, and a Green forbidden to mention with lots of attachments.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Help . May be a stupid question

Post by dag1450 »

Hi. Couple quick things to check. Try removing a couple of the mower belts. Taking the deck belt off will let you spin the spindles and any idlers by hand and make sure they all move without effort. Removing the pto drive belt will let you check other pulleys and idlers. With the pto belt off you could try engaging the pto and see what happens? Other guys can speak to this better but a weak battery can show up when turning on an electric pto? I forget off hand what the voltage will be on a good and weak battery.
This might get you heading the right direction.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

oldgreygoose

Post by oldgreygoose »

Dag..old buddy old pal! Thanks , I will do that very thing. I am replacing filters, plugs, changing oil and greasing everything, and..my stupid unanswered question..is it safe to wash engine with hose end sprayer if I avoid spark plug area?
Cub Cadet ZForce
commercial zero turn.
Cub Cadet 1966 102 Garden Tractor, and a Green forbidden to mention with lots of attachments.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

IDK about safe or not...I dont think you will catch the china virus if thats what your thinking :lol: . If you do it i would do it cautiously. I personally dont take a hose near the tractor..or a little as possible. I consider water the enemy but i guess if you have caked on dirt and dust you might need some water and degreaser. I like compressed air or a leaf blower if no air compressor.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

oldgreygoose

Post by oldgreygoose »

Ok..whew! Boy was I worried about that China Virus coming out of that sprayer! Dag, I think you just saved me! :roll:
I agree about the air, though. I feel safer using that. It is super fine silty dust anyway. It's not caked on..
Thanks again, old friend.
Cub Cadet ZForce
commercial zero turn.